• Do nootropics really work

    Can nootropics really improve cognitive function?

    Can natural nootropics really help? Over the last few months, nootropic supplements have gone from a niche, almost underground concern to a global market worth several billion dollars per year. People all over the world are now using brain supplements to gain a critical, competitive edge, be it on the playing field, in the classroom, or at the office. The nootropics market seems to now be changing at an ever-faster rate. A few years ago, most of the brain supplements you’d find on the internet were complete scams. Over 90% of them were just sugar pills with some weird herbal extracts thrown in. The other 10% were usually a dangerous…

  • Reishi mushroom for cognition

    Eating Reishi Mushrooms May Promote Good Cognitive Function

    Mushrooms are definitely the “in” supplement right now. These things always come in waves; it happened with protein, it happened with creatine, and now it seems that mushrooms are firmly in the spotlight. There are dozens, if not hundreds of different mushroom supplements on sale today; just a few years ago, there were none. Manufacturers claim that different mushrooms can do different things, but they all seem to cluster around a central set of benefits – improved immune system function, better CNS recovery, and enhanced mental performance. But at face value, these claims seem a little unbelievable. After all, we eat mushrooms all the time – on pizzas, with pasta,…

  • TestoFuel review

    An Honest Review Of TestoFuel – Does It Work?

    We’ve been seeing advertisements for TestoFuel everywhere lately. It seems that every time we go online to read about bodybuilding, strongman, or pretty much anything strength/sports related, we see prompts for an in-depth TestoFuel review. So, after seeing people writing about this testosterone booster for the hundredth time, we decided to check it out for ourselves and to write our own TestoFuel review – done our way! After all, we know that you can’t exactly trust the supplement reviews you read online. We’ve already written extensively about the many ways supplement manufacturers try to mislead you. Who’s to say that all of the glowing TestoFuel reviews out there aren’t just…

  • Is pea protein any good?
    Diet,  Fitness,  Supplements

    How Good Is Pea Protein? – An Honest Analysis

    Whey protein has been around for some time. Decades in fact. As has casein (typically peddled as a “slow release” protein alternative to “fast-acting” whey).  Over the last couple of years, people have begun to realize that whey isn’t the uniquely beneficial protein source that supplement manufacturers have made it out to be. A by-product of cheese manufacturing, whey is indeed a very protein dense ‘food’ – if we can call it a food – but the concentration of protein in a substance is not the only thing to consider.  Amino acid profile, digestibility, overall composition, its effects on digestion and health, not to mention its effect on the environment…

  • Do testosterone boosters work?

    Do Testosterone Boosters Really Work?

    Natural testosterone boosters are a hot topic right now in the world of bodybuilding.  They are currently one of the fastest selling supplement categories; manufacturers are struggling to keep up with demand as their natural test boosters fly off the shelves.  However, they are also widely-admonished. Lots of people hate testosterone boosters. They are extremely vocal in their disliking too; it isn’t hard to find articles, YouTube videos, and interview segments where people have called them an outright scam.  This hasn’t been helped by the advent of prohormones. This class of substances has attracted an enormous amount of attention over the past couple of years, most of it negative. Rightly so; prohormones…

  • Supplements

    Rice Protein Powder – Worth A Try?

    Protein, protein, protein.  People never get tired of talking about protein.  If someone has recently just started working out, we guarantee they’re talking non-stop about protein; where they get theirs, where you get yours, how much they’re eating, how it’s the most important ting for health, etc.  The truth is that protein is really not that important, even for building muscle.  The amount of protein used to create a muscle cell is not that much. Only 20% of muscle tissue is composed of muscle proteins by weight; the rest is water, polyphenols, and so on. The entire human musculoskeletal system only contains about 3-10kg of muscle, depending on your height,…