Do nootropics really work
Supplements

Can nootropics really improve cognitive function?

Do nootropics really work

Can natural nootropics really help?

Over the last few months, nootropic supplements have gone from a niche, almost underground concern to a global market worth several billion dollars per year. People all over the world are now using brain supplements to gain a critical, competitive edge, be it on the playing field, in the classroom, or at the office.

The nootropics market seems to now be changing at an ever-faster rate.

A few years ago, most of the brain supplements you’d find on the internet were complete scams. Over 90% of them were just sugar pills with some weird herbal extracts thrown in. The other 10% were usually a dangerous cocktail of caffeine and amphetamine salts!

Over the years though, people realized that nootropics had an enormous amount of potential. They realised that you could significantly improve multiple aspects of cognitive function through targeted, intelligent supplementation.

Some of these people invested a lot of their own money, and a few years later the big nootropics manufacturers that we know today were born.

In the last 2 years, there have been more high quality nootropics brought onto the market than in the last 20 years put together.

These supplements are claiming to deliver an ever-growing array of benefits, including:

  • Enhanced memory function
  • Heightened focus
  • Faster recall
  • Quicker reaction times
  • Better brain health
  • Faster information processing
  • Reduced stress
  • Improved mood

Some nootropics now even promise to help protect you from the worst effects of cognitive decline.

But are any of these claims actually true?

Can natural supplements made of herbs, amino acids and lipids really enhance cognition?

Do nootropics really work?

Let’s take a look at some and find out!

What the experts say

According to the experts, nootropics can actually have a pretty incredible effect on cognitive function.

Brian Johnson, editor of VAGA and a leading expert on nootropics, has said that we are only just starting to see the potential of brain supplements:

“Nootropics are still in their earliest days of development. People have been using cognitive enhancers and psychotropics for a long time, but it’s only recently that we started giving nootropics serious scientific attention. We’re starting to see that they can do much more than just sharpen focus and improve memory; some can promote physical brain development and help repair damaged neurons.”

As more and more people start experimenting with nootropics, we have access to an ever-increasing list of substances which are thought to work well for improving focus, memory, mood, and brain health.

Here is a list of the most popular nootropics in use today:

  • CDP-Choline
  • Alpha-GPC
  • Tyrosine
  • Phosphatidylserine
  • DHA
  • Caffeine
  • Theanine
  • Magnesium

Including some of these substances in your supplement regimen might give you the mental edge you’ve been looking for.

However, until more research is done, then you can ignore the vast majority of substances sold as nootropics today. Most have little empirical research behind them, and even less anecdotal support!

Do your research, and talk to the experts before you waste your time and jeopardize your health!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *